I developed the questions below to help identify candidates who had the requisite skills needed to be a Basis Administrator in a high volume environment. One of the services I provide is candidate reviews. Please call me at 720-335-5727 if you would like to discuss how I can play a key role in identifying the best candidates for your company.
I. General Questions
- What do you know about the company?
- How do you manage a high volume of tasks?
- What would you do in a case where there are more than one or two severity one issues?
- What type of environment do you excel in?
- How do your managers get the best out of you?
- When working remotely, how do you stay connected to others on your team?
- What tools can be used to find out more about an issue with which you are not familiar?
- How to you handle frustrating circumstances?
- What are the first things to check when a SAP system is reported as being down?
- What transaction is used to tell if database backups are failing?
- Users report that data from a remote system is missing. What are the first things you would check?
- What transactions are used to check the flow of messages in PI?
- You attempt to RDP into a Unix system and the connection fails. Why?
- What files should be reviewed in the case where a Java instance is no longer starting?
- Users are reporting that the system is slow. What transactions would you use to identify the source of the performance issue?